Sunday 8 January 2017

Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup Review

Some days you just want to have a bit of atas (high class) potato chips so I made a detour to Meidi-ya at Liang Court to browse their chips selection. I'm glad to say I found a couple that I deem fit to stuff my face silly with. 

This is one of those coveted special flavor Kettle chips that just calls out to potato chip collectors like me. What's a potato chip collector you say... well it's nut cases who die-die must try (absolutely have to eat) all potato chip flavors they see. 

Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup (with bacon from Norfolk)

Why pink?!

Taste Review

Taste - 3/10
It starts off well enough with a good hit of smokey bacon-y goodness followed by a faint whiff of maple syrup when I opened the bag. Then the taste... oh the taste... OMFG why... the chips had a bad burnt bitter taste with a slight hint of bacon. These tasted like burnt Marmite flavored chips! And not in a good way!

Texture - 9/10
At least this had the solid thick chunky signature Kettle chips texture. No fault here. 

Cost - 2/10
This was a freaking $5.95 for a bag of disappointment and wasted dreams of pink porkiness.

Tasting Notes
If you know how Marmite tastes like, burnt Marmite is just ridiculous. And I like Marmite! This is just bad. I think they overdid the smokiness to try to evoke the feel of bacon-y goodness and forgot to follow through with actual bacon flavors. No no no no!



TLDR version
Save yourself the money and heartache. Just get regular Kettle chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment