Wednesday 1 February 2017

CP Shrimp Wonton Whole Shrimp Review

I have never actually tried this but have heard so much about it. Its finally on a super good offer so I grabbed it.

CP Shrimp Wonton Whole Shrimp

Yes it's the CNY edition! The mega 40 pieces box set.

Looking good. Nice, whole unbroken wontons.

It still held together very well after a vigorous boil


Taste Review

Taste - 8/10
As frozen shrimp goes, this is actually pretty good! It's got a good texture that's kinda close to a harkow crunch but more importantly, not as artificial tasting.

Texture - 10/10
I tossed the whole lot of frozen wontons into boiling soup and all came out whole! The skins did not break too much nor did any filling slip and slide out of their skins. This is a masterpiece!

Cost - 8/10
The usual price is $5.20 for 12 pieces. That's $0.433 per wonton. Not exactly cheap but you really do get what you pay for - a whole shrimp wonton in your soup after cooking. Heh I got this pack of 40 pieces for $11.85. That's $0.296 per piece heh heh heh. 

Tasting Notes
The taste isn't like a fresh shrimp but I've tasted frozen and this is the best I've tasted so far. But then again my standards may be a little low. As long as the shrimp has a prawn like taste, I'm happy.



TLDR version
This is premium stuff. No bluff!

No comments:

Post a Comment