Wednesday 4 January 2017

WK Muar Fish Otak-Otak (Premium) Review

I've had the cheaper green version and now I'm having the more expensive blue version which has fish chunks in it. Preparation method is the same. I just steam it.

WK Muar Fish Otak-Otak (Premium)

Blue = atas


Taste Review

Taste - 8/10
Similar taste as the green version except there are chucks of fish which taste quite nice actually. The fish should be mackerel. The fish chunks have a good clean fishy taste without being too overpowering.

Texture - 7/10
Also similar to the green version. Fish chunks are nice and soft so that's a thumbs up. BUT! I've encountered fish bones in the fish chunks before and that's wayyy not cool. So don't feed this to your kids.

Cost - 10/10
A good price when on offer at about $6.65 for 2 x 180g blocks at NTUC if you covert those fish chunks. That's $3.325 per block, making it about $0.70 more expensive per block as compared to the cheaper green version.

Tasting Notes
It is indeed more atas than the green version which only has minced fish meat in it. The down side and the reason why I don't buy this anymore is that I've encountered fish bones in the fish chunks on more than one occasion. We don't normally expect to find bones in Otah-Otah so this is a huge minus point for me. I just stick to the cheaper green version. The review for the standard green version can be found here.



TLDR version
If you covert fish chunks in your Otah-Otah and be mindful of bones, then get this instead of the cheaper green version.

No comments:

Post a Comment